Claire E. Faust Public Service Award
We are soliciting nominations for the Claire Faust Public Service Award prior to many people leaving our campus for the end of the academic year. If your previous nomination was unsuccessful, you may update the information and resubmit the nomination. (See below for Nomination Form.)
The Claire E. Faust Public Service Award was developed to recognize a Minnesota State University, Mankato employee for outstanding service to the university, community, state and nation. It was named after Claire E. Faust, former Vice President of Administrative Affairs at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Scroll down to view past recipients of the award. The Employee Recognition Committee coordinates the nominating process for the award. The president makes the final decision on the annual award recipient. Recipients receive a distinguished plaque and are also recognized on a permanent plaque displayed within the university.
The following criteria will be used in granting the award:
Service to the University
- This person is, or has been, a full-time employee of the University with long time dedicated service.
- This person is "customer oriented" i.e., this person has demonstrated unselfish service to customers in his/her work.
- This person is committed to education as a means of improving life for present and future generations.
Service to the Community
- The person is community oriented i.e., this person has provided leadership in community organizations for the betterment of people. These include (but are not limited to): youth organizations (Boy and Girl Scouts, Campfire, 4-H Clubs, YMCA, Builders Clubs, Key Clubs, Circle K, etc.); service clubs (Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, Exchange, Optimist, Sertoma, Zonta, etc.); Veterans organizations (American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars); social welfare organizations (the Salvation Army, the Red Cross); and any organized church.
- The person is concerned about the quality of life in the community and has worked to improve it.
Service to State and Nation
- This person is an exemplary citizen.
- This person has worked for a more caring and humane society.
Claire E. Faust Public Service Award Recipients
- 2019: Jessica Flatequal (posthumously)
- 2018: Jasper Hunt and Joan Roca
- 2017: Dan Cronn-Mills
- 2016: Doug Fenske
- 2015: (None)
- 2014: Ginger Zierdt
- 2013: Patti Kramlinger
- 2012: Suzanne Dugan
- 2011: Shirley Piepho and Richard Wheeler
- 2010: (None)
- 2009: Larry Kohanek
- 2008: (None)
- 2007: Michael Fagin
- 2006: Dean Bowyer
- 2005: Tony Filipovitch
- 2004: Barbara Carson
- 2003: Bill Bernhagen & Stewart Ross
- 2002: Kathleen Trauger
- 2001: David Allan
- 2000: David Cowan
- 1999: Kathy Steiner
- 1998: Georgene Brock
- 1989: Kuhn Lee
- 1988: Claire E. Faust