Fall Tuition Waiver
Time to think about your Fall Tuition Waiver.
The Tuition Waiver application is listed under your Dashboard in Employee Home. You will need your STAR ID & Password to login.
- Log in
- Create your tuition waiver request(s). You will need the following information:
- Semester (be sure you pick the correct semester from the drop-down menu)
- Student Tech ID
- Institution where credits will be waived at
- Number of credits being waived
- Graduate or Undergraduate
- Submit your tuition waiver request(s)
- Check back in 2-3 days to confirm that the waiver is processed. Problems or errors will only be communicated thru the Online Tuition Waiver site. Confirmation e-mails WILL NOT be sent.
- Make sure you or your dependent(s) check the billing information to make sure the tuition waiver gets processed in a timely manner.
- All users of tuition waiver benefits must apply online no later than 10 days following the start of the course for which the user is applying. If no class date is specified (e.g. Independent Study), deadline is 10 days after the start of the respective semester/session. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
- (IFO) Fall semester waivers cannot be applied for until your Fiscal Year 2022 Fall Semester assignment is processed into the HR System, which comes through as PROCESSED from records in FWM
- You can access FWM by going into your Employee Home and clicking on FWM under Employee Applications, which resides under your Dashboard. Once your FWM assignent has been PROCESSED, you may apply for the waiver.
- Insufficient work-time faculty members (Adjuncts teaching < 4 credits) are eligible for tuition waiver under the terms of IFO Article 27, based on the inclusion language in the Commissioner’s Plan, 1- Coverage, 4th paragraph (page 2). In other words, all adjunct instructors are eligible for tuition waiver. The number of credits available to adjunct instructors shall be equal to the number of credits taught within that year (Fall/Spring).
A Quick Reference Guide is available on our HR Tuition Waiver page.
If you have problems or questions with the tuition waiver system, please contact JoAnn Scholtz in Human Resources at (507)389-2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Person Using Waiver||Undergraduate Credits||
(including doctoral program)
|Employee||Not Taxable||Not Taxable up $5,250 limit (taxable if exceeds $5,250)|
|Dependent(s) Under 24 yrs of age*||Not Taxable||Taxable|
|Dependent(s) 24 yrs of age & older*||Taxable||Taxable|
|Dependent(s) who are totally & permanently disabled**||Not Taxable||Not Taxable|
The current effective tax rates are 22.00% federal, 6.25% and 7.65% social security. Each semester, Human Resources will provide notification of your taxable benefit and the option of having such taxes taken out of one or multiple paychecks.
*A dependent is considered 24 years or older if they 24th birthday occurs any time during the calendar year in which the tutiotn waiver is being used
**The internal Revenue Service defines "permanently & totally disabled" in IRS Code Section 22(e)(3): An Individual is permanently and totally disabled if he is unable to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.