Mileage Reimbursement Rates
January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced a increase in the standard mileage reimbursement rate for business miles.
- The rate has been adopted for use by state employees and is effective beginning January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021.
- Mileage rates are used to calculate reimbursements to employees that use their personal vehicle for business trips.
- Employees should note that the university actually utilizes two reimbursement rates.
- The IRS standard mileage reimbursement rate (56 cents per mile) is used when a state owned vehicle is not available.
- A lesser rate (49 cents per mile) is used when a state vehicle is declined or not requested by the employee.
- Please use the new mileage reimbursement rates when completing employee expense forms for trips taken between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
State-owned vehicle NOT available (IRS Standard)
56 cents per mile
State Owned Vehicle Declined or Not Requested
49 cents per mile