Minnesota State University, Mankato is committed to Minnesota’s statewide affirmative action efforts and providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with equal opportunity and affirmative action laws.
This provides that:
- No individual shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in programs, services, and activities, or subject to harassment, on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy), color, creed, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or membership or activity in a local human rights commission.
- The prohibition of discrimination on the basis of sex precludes sexual harassment, gender- based harassment, and harassment based on pregnancy.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato is committed to the implementation of the affirmative action policies, programs, and procedures included in this plan to ensure that employment practices are free from discrimination. Employment practices include, but are not limited to the following: hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato will continue to actively promote a program of affirmative action, wherever females, racial/ethnic minorities, and individuals with disabilities are underrepresented in the workforce, and work to retain all qualified, talented employees, including protected group employees.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato will evaluate its efforts, including those of its directors, managers, and supervisors, in promoting equal opportunity and achieving affirmative action objectives contained herein. In addition, Minnesota State University, Mankato will expect all employees to perform their job duties in a manner that promotes equal opportunity for all.
It is Minnesota State University, Mankato’s policy to provide an employment environment free of any form of discriminatory harassment as prohibited by federal, state, and local human rights laws. We strive to provide equal employment opportunities and the best possible service to all Minnesotans.
The Affirmative Action Plan outlines the efforts of the University.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is committed to implementation of this affirmative action plan and fully supports the State of Minnesota's affirmative action efforts.
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX is responsible for monitoring the recruitment and employment process for faculty and staff to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, as well as compliance with the Minnesota State Mankato...