Resignations and Terminations

Resignation Procedures

  1. Employees are required to give written notification to Human Resources and to their supervisor/dean of intent to resign.
  2. Consult with Human Resources staff well in advance so that you are informed about termination of your pay and benefits, the opportunity to continue coverage (COBRA), retirement fund options, and policies about payoff of unused leave balances.

Termination of Employment

Refer to your bargaining agreement or personnel plan for specific details regarding termination of employment.

See Bargaining Units and Personnel Plans

Please Note: Any travel advances must be repaid to the University. The employee's final paycheck may be withheld if the employee owes money to the university due to an unsettled advance.