Handbook for Managing Searches for Faculty, Administrative Staff, Adjunct, and Graduate Assistants
This handbook sets forth the process for conducting searches for faculty, administrative faculty and administrators at Minnesota State Mankato. These processes are designed to accomplish the following:
- Meet the university's commitment to affirmative action;
- Create sufficient documentation of the university's selection decision-making with regard to each hire;
- Comply with state and federal laws regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity;
- To protect the university and those involved in the process from exposure to liability; and
- To ensure all applicants fair and consistent treatment in our selection processes.
Compliance with the search process is mandatory. Any requests for exceptions must be sought and approved in advance of implementation.
This Handbook is designed to describe the process, the reasons behind the process, and best practice information for implementation of the processes. Replication of materials for sharing with Search Committee members is encouraged. Should any candidate ask for accommodation of a disability for the interview process, please contact Human Resources at 507-389-2015 (1-800-627-3529 or 711 MRS/TTY), or at 336 Wigley Administration Center, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN 56001.