Telework can be used by a state agency to provide flexible working environment for its employees. These considerations typically align with business strategies to attract and retain a skilled and highly qualified workforce. Telework can provide benefits to both the state agency and their employees including but not limited to:
- Allowing employees flexibility to perform work from an approved alternative worksite while delivering quality services to Minnesotans
- Supporting continuity of operations, including during health and safety situations impacting agencies' workforces
- Reducing the need for office space and parking
- Minimizing impact to the environment
- Attracting and retaining skilled workers from throughout the state and region
The following files will provide information to both the employee and the state agency about the telework request. As well as Minnstate policy on telework.